The Pros and Cons of Tribeca Condo Living
Are You Unsure About Condo Living? Whether you are upgrading, or this is your first home, you may have some serious questions about the condo lifestyle. It is nice to know some of the pros and cons of condo living, especially if this is your first condo experience. Here are a few of each to help you think about the condo lifestyle.
- Maintenance. The condo is yours and, you aren’t responsible for all repairs! Of course, there are maintenance fees, but you will probably be made aware of those when signing your contract. This is a great relief as the fees will be much less than if you had to pay a maintenance person yourself.
- Rules. Every condominium has condo association rules. These can help keep your neighbors, and yourself, in line. These rules can include a sort of quiet time, which can be great when living in such proximity to others. Common areas will be taken care of also.
- Community. Living nearby of others can help you to make friends with your neighbors. They can watch your place while you’re out of town. The condo association is also likely to set up events that you can attend with fun activities.
- High-rise lifestyle. Elevators! Those can be so helpful while bringing home things like groceries. Instead of having to climb a flight of stairs, you are lifted straight to your floor!
- Yard work. Yard work is eliminated when living in a condo. You can still have your own garden on your balcony, but large yardwork like mowing will be a thing of the past!
- Maintenance. The fees included for maintenance of the building can be off-putting. Wouldn’t it be much easier to do things, like shoveling, yourself? It could also save you some cash, but in the condo community, that is not an option.
- Rules. These rules can affect your lifestyle. Want a pink door? Nope! The condo association won’t allow that. Want to have a party to celebrate your promotion? Hope your friends are ready to be done partying by 11 pm.
- Community. Is there ever any privacy?! Living in such close quarters can be frustrating. Its like you can’t walk out your door without having to talk to someone. The common areas have no privacy. Even your balcony can be seen by your neighbors. If you’re a person of privacy this can be very frustrating.
- High-rise lifestyle. Not having to walk up your stairs with groceries is great, but you still have to take them from your car, hold them in the elevator, and then walk to your door without dropping them. Waiting for the elevator can be a real pain if you are in a hurry.
- Yard work. You don’t have the ability to have your yard when you live in a condo. You won’t have much say in what is planted in the common areas either. If you love gardening, it will be severely limited in a condo community.
Does a Condo Sound Perfect for You?
If you are ready to begin looking for a Tribeca condo, check out 45 Park Place today!
Like 45 Park Place on Facebook for more news & updates!