Three Things You Need Before Moving Off Campus in Mount Pleasant, MI

by | May 16, 2022 | Student Accommodation Centre

Top Of The List



Are you tired of dorm life? From less noise to more privacy, student apartments in Mount Pleasant, MI have many advantages over campus dormitories. However, making the move off-campus requires a little planning. Here are three things you need to have before moving from your dorm room to an off-campus apartment.

Permission From Your University

Depending on your university’s policies, you may need permission to move off-campus, especially if you’re an underclassman. Some schools require freshman and sophomores to live in the dormitories, while others disallow off-campus living for any students under a certain age unless they are married or have children.

A Budget Plan

Living off-campus comes with a lot of different expenses to manage each month. You will need to budget for your rent, utilities, food, clothing, and entertainment expenses. If you have roommates, it’s important to establish a plan for sharing expenses and a calendar for paying bills.

Someone to Cosign Your Lease

Not every student needs a cosigner for their off-campus apartment, but many do. Student apartments in Mount Pleasant, MI usually require students with no credit history to have a parent or other family member with a good credit score guarantee their lease.

Are you looking for a student apartment that offers a complete lifestyle? Located just minutes from campus, University Meadows is top-quality student housing serving Central Michigan University with spacious apartments and luxurious amenities. Visit for more information!